Monday, July 27, 2020

Opinion on Glocks


So guys, I was wondering your thoughts. I own 4 Glock pistols. I'm very familiar with the design, the 3 point internal safety etc. And they obviously lack a "traditional" safety. I'm fine with this. I've simply taught myself to always be mindful of the trigger. If trigger does not get pulled, there is no bang.But I do find several stories of Glocks accidentally (or rather, negligently) discharging when I search. You guys think this is a flaw or do you find them simply because so many people own them? I was taught that you have "the rest of your life to re-holster the firearm". What the instructor meant by that was there is no need to be quick, or hollywood style. Take your time and ensure the trigger guard and holster is free of anything that can catch trigger. One story I read was a former cop suing Glock because his weapon discharged on him when he tried to clean it. You gotta pull trigger to disassemble the weapon. And he failed to check if chamber was clear. To me this is a clear failure on his part. He failed to check if weapon was clear. He "assumed" it was clear, and was not pointing in a safe direction when pulling trigger. Seems to me it was his own damn fault for being in a hurry.What do you guys think? I've always thought that a traditional safety isn't a cure all. Depending on holster and how I move around, it is entirely possible I can incidentally turn off safety and the gun would be just like a Glock. Pull trigger and bang. Most of those safeties are not hard at all to turn off. But there are enough stories out there for me to ask opinions via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3g5NBGP

No comments:

Post a Comment