Friday, July 24, 2020

I came across a protest today.


Given recent events, the topic of protests and what we should do if we find ourselves trapped by one has come up a few times. I figured I should share my experience from earlier today.Dash cam footageI initially thought there was some type of golfing event ending and people were just impatiently driving out into the median. Then I saw the BLM signs and cars beginning to block the intersection. Unfortunately, I was already past the point that I could make a legal U-turn when I finally put everything together. I certainly could have pushed forward and tried to force my way through, but that would have been pretty stupid and likely would have escalated things immensely. Instead I opted to “nope“ my way over the median and take an alternate route home.Take always: Getting the hell out should always be the first course of action when encountering potential conflict. Don’t be afraid to drive over curbs (safely) and use your vehicle in unconventional ways to escape sketchy situations. And dash cams are a good investment. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3eZe87c

No comments:

Post a Comment