Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Parents caught me carrying


I’m a college student living with my parents for the summer. They say they’re not anti gun but they refuse to acknowledge the legitimacy of CCW or owning firearms for any purpose other than sporting.I’ve been carrying for a while and when I moved back I decided that concealed is concealed, which definitely wasn’t the best plan in retrospect. Since I don’t leave the house much, I’ve been carrying around the house to keep my routine up and stay familiar with the habits of carrying.The other night I wore a shirt that was a bit too tight and caused a bit of printing. This led to me getting caught and unleashed a storm of yelling about the dangers of guns and how crazy I am for carrying a firearm.Does anyone have any experience or advice that might help me help them understand why people choose to carry even in ‘safe’ areas? I’m putting together some statistics to try to make a case for myself but I’m not confident that I can convince them. I know I’ll have to answer for the fact that I hid it from them but I don’t want them to think I’m some paranoid wack job.(For reference I live in a permitless carry state. I have applied for a permit but the sheriff’s office has stopped issuing them for COVID so I don’t have a permit at the moment). via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/36SMQgp

No comments:

Post a Comment