Sunday, June 28, 2020

CCW in New Orleans/French Quarter?


Hey all,I know the laws more or less, I've done my research, but the one piece I cannot find is if you CC into a prohibited place, let's say by accident, you think it's a restaurant, but it's really a bar, etc, and *somehow* you end up getting caught by police. What is the penalty? What level of offense is it? In Texas, it's a Class C Misdemeanor and it is, frankly, worth the risk if I'm talking about saving my or my wife's life. But I cannot afford anything more than a Class C on my record, so I need to know how hard to check into each establishment in the French Quarter before walking in and having a seat.Note, I CC a very small gun, I don't print to the point any normal person notices it ,but sometimes security guards and cops are a bit more savvy. I just don't think New Orleans is a very safe place and I would rather carry everywhere. Concealed.Yes, I know all the caveats about getting legal advise from the internet. Just wondering if someone knows the degree of offense it would be to simply accidentally carry (with legal CHL) into a place like a bar. I'm not trying to carry into a courthouse or something.SC via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3eNINVW

No comments:

Post a Comment