Sunday, June 28, 2020

If your CCW becomes exposed because your shirt got tucked behind the holster, is that now considered Open Carry?


So I was at Wally World trying to grab a few groceries when I used my shirt to wipe sweat off my nose, which exposed my CCW without me really noticing.I continue pacing around the store when a manager and I crossed paths. She immediately eyed the partially exposed handgun and then asks “sir, is that a gun?”I was truthful and said that it was, and I casually put my shirt back over the firearm, and tried to continue on with my day.“Sir, no guns in the store, it’s policy. You can go to your vehicle and leave it there, but you can’t be walking around the store with a gun”When I pointed out that store policy clarifies that I can still carry concealed in the store, the manager then claims “right, but you had the gun exposed, therefore it’s open carry.”I ended up caving, and left the store to shop elsewhere, but the manager’s words come off as idiotic but I always figured that conceal and open carry are separated by intent. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2ZlExGF

No comments:

Post a Comment