Sunday, April 5, 2020

Training to acquire the front site faster


For the last few months I've been getting serious about practicing my draw and getting my time down for first shot on target. I've been using the LasterHIT system, and have to say I am very impressed with the data it provides me. Although I am dabbling in AIWB with a T1C for my Glock 43, most of the practicing I am doing is with a Stealthgear Ventcore at about 3:30-4:00 which I have been using to carry for the last four years.If I draw purposely and deliberately slow to build muscle memory, my first shot on target is about 3.2 seconds (this is painstakingly slow in order to build correct form). If I increase speed but still focus on the front site, I am right around 2.0 seconds. If I go as fast as I am able to, I can get my first shot on target in around 1.6 seconds. However, at this speed I am point shooting and am not even seeing my front site.Are there any drills or something else I can do in order to improve my speed at acquiring the front site faster? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/34gimU7

No comments:

Post a Comment