Friday, April 3, 2020

Train to focus on front sight or target?


I've recently realized that I should keep both eyes open when I shoot. Obvious really, but I normally shot guns with one eye closed growing up. Took some time to break that bad habit and to get used to the new method, but I can tell that it's improved my situational awareness.Really my question is this: Does shooting while focused on the front sight reduce situational awareness when compared with shooting while focused on the target? I do notice an accuracy decrease when focusing on the target. Is that something that can be trained out with proper technique? The way I figure it is that a defensive shooting will likely be close in distance and some sacrifice in accuracy would be worth the increased situational awareness while focused on the target with both eyes open. Any thoughts or experience with this? I want to start training with the best technique possible to begin building that muscle memory. Thanks! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2R5vSEK

No comments:

Post a Comment