Saturday, April 4, 2020

Recommendations for best pepper spray/gel for older asian women that's MI legal?

Due to what's been going on with the pandemic and subsequent attacks against Asians, I grow more and more concerned for my mother and aunt. They're in their 60's and don't go out that much to begin with (especially right now due to statewide stay at home orders). My mother owns a business that she runs by herself (I help when I can but I work for another company) and my aunt is a RN at a nursing home. Like most people in that demographic, they're not really in the best physical shape and can't really outrun a threat. I've tried to get them to be more physically active but brisk walking is about as much they're willing to do. I've talked to them about my concerns and they agreed (although in a lukewarm manner) that they want something to protect themselves whenever they're alone. Previously, I've talked to them about what measures they're comfortable with and decided that pepper spray/gel was as much as they're comfortable with.

With that being said, the problem we have buy pepper spray/gel is that the state that I live in (MI) has some restrictions on the pepper spray that I can own. They are as of writing this:

  • Up to 18% OC or 1.4% MC in strength is allowed (as of 2018).
  • Canister must be less than 35 grams (approx 1.2 ounces).

If I had choice, I'd give them bear spray; but since that's not legal I'm trying to find the strongest pepper gel in the biggest can I can legally have. So far what I'm finding is hit or miss, I'll find pepper gel that has 1% MC but is in a 3 oz can or find pepper spray that's 35g but it's 10% OC. Is there any product that is 1.4% MC/18% OC that comes in a 35g can? Also it would be a big bonus if it's something that's fairly easy to use as far as switching whatever safety off.



Submitted April 04, 2020 at 06:02PM by Spartan745 https://ift.tt/3492nqS

No comments:

Post a Comment