Monday, April 6, 2020

"I thought that if the shit hit the fan and started getting weird I'd need a gun. I haven't shot a gun in 20 years."


This was a text from an acquaintance of mine who sent me a pic of a gun he just got (Sig 365 naturally) as he knows I have guns. He knows an FFL and asked him to just get him a gun. Now, at first, okay, I get it -- he's scared and wants a gun. Good for him. But then he says: "I didn't even know what I was buying." When I started to walk him through how he should read the manual, watch YouTube videos, and then take it apart so he knows how it functions, he said: "To be honest, I'm not taking it out of my safe until someone shows me the basics. Unless shit gets weird."So this is the COVID-19 gun buyer: gets a gun with basically no experience, won't spend any time learning how it works, but will whip it out when "shit gets weird." He's more likely to kill his family than any roving gang member in our suburban neighborhood. I've even offered to do a video call with him to show him some basic drills, but he doesn't have time for this. At least he's keeping it in a safe. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2XftRJV

No comments:

Post a Comment