Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Drew for first time, self-reflection


Was taking dog out to walk in yard. Neighborhood pit bull got between dog and I, didn’t see it when rounding the corner of my house. It growled, squared up, and raised its hackles, I drew my XDs 9mm, had it at low ready. It was about 20 ft away.My first thought was “I wish I had something bigger than 9mm”. I thought I was content with my carry choice until that moment. I now carry a 3” SP101 in .357. It’s a bit heavier but I feel better about the round choice.I spoke to deputy, he confirmed what I suspected, I would have been charged with animal cruelty if I had shot it without it escalating further.Nothing terribly exciting, but a very educational moment for me. I did not expect the adrenaline rush. I was more concerned about being that close to an angry pit bull than I would have been with a human, via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2UREIbK

No comments:

Post a Comment