Tuesday, April 7, 2020

CCW with hernia scar tissue?


Relative newbie here seeking help. Via Google search, I've seen this posted before but not really definitely answered. Perhaps there isn't a definitive answer.Preface: My hernias aren't [obviously] active, I think my surgeon just didn't do a great job. Two open hernia repairs left me with some pinched nerves and scar tissue. It's possible I may need another surgery someday, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.For people with abdominal issues, especially repaired hernias, how do you CC?I have struggled with it for a bit. I have a Kore ratcheting belt that was a major improvement, and the stiffness helps quite a bit. However, having a lot of weight on my belt pulls tighter on my abdomen, pinching nerves. I carry IWB with the Kore belt, but anything over ~25 oz. loaded causes significant discomfort throughout the day. I typically carry at 4:30 so my gun is somewhat supported by my hip/posterior.Is it easier on your waist to OWB? I have considered using the spandex carry shirts or even a shoulder holster, but I have to think carrying on your waist to be the better option.I've considered going ultra light with a Ruger LCR, but I would like to carry pistols that fully loaded weigh ~30 oz (like a Glock 17 or Sig P226). I've considered getting a Sig 365 also that seems to be lighter when loaded (~20 oz.).Is it better to go with a lighter pistol, or are there better holster options/positions? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2XkMHzw

No comments:

Post a Comment