Saturday, April 11, 2020

Anyone wanna yell at me about what guns to get?


Short background, I started carrying right after college. Decided on a Glock 26 and a crossbreed holster, I had a basic kydex holster, galco ankle glove, and a NSR tactical G19 holster I think. Things in life happened that made it not smart for me to own a gun so I sold it, 200 rounds of ammo and all my cool carry gear for $300 (other than the belt, still use it every day).I've been given the OK to consider carrying and owning a gun again. Things in life are different and better and eventually I'd like to carry and go to the range again.An agreement with the future wife says I can't go crazy and buy a ton of guns. We decided 2 at the beginning and 3 down the line. I'm fine with this as its a no bullshit way for me to do things. I'd get obsessive and try to buy everything, and my other hobbies already take up that time.I'm thinking now the best option is to go with 1 gun that can be used as carry and home defense, and one just for carry.I don't want to take a risk on anything, I get in my head about reviews and such. If something works great for 80% of people, I'll worry about the 20% who say it blew up in their holster.Long way of saying I think i've decided the best options are (shocking) a Glock 19 (gen 3,4 or 5) and a Smith and wesson Shield 9mm. I'm sticking to 9mm for my reasons; cheaper to shoot and maybe easier...The other guns I considered were the Sig P320 with the option to switch the frames so I basically have 3 in one but seemed like a hassle, plus the G19 is lighter than the same sized p320 and I assumed that was better for carry.I also considered the Sig 365 but heard about failures.Glock 43 was considered but I wasn't a huge fan of it back then, but then again I wasn't in love with the shield. Was just going off reviews.Rant over. Thoughts? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2JUzup1

No comments:

Post a Comment