Sunday, December 1, 2019

Need help with UK self defence laws please!

So I live in London and as you probably know firearms are illegal here and most criminals carry knives. I am able to legally purchase a katana but I am not allowed to have it on my person outside of the house (obviously).

I know that in a CQC environment a katana isn’t exactly ideal but the chances are the other dude will have a knife and I would very much like to stab/swing someone from a distance to not get cut myself. There also intimidating as fuck with the blade being well over 25 inches long.

My real question is this; If a home invasion was to occur and I come at the intruders with a katana It’s gonna do a lot of damage. Would the use of a samurai sword for home defence be ruled as excessive force in court? I know that is subjective in itself because it depends on wether the person was trying to run, wether I continued after they was no longer a threat etc but that’s not what I’m talking about here. Say I swing once and kill the dude? I hope you get what I’m trying to say as I know excessive force is subjective but I was thinking maybe the use of a Katana is considered excessive even if I follow all the other protocols?



Submitted December 01, 2019 at 11:30PM by TSDieselLDN https://ift.tt/2P6jgv8

No comments:

Post a Comment