Friday, December 6, 2019

My first day CCW take aways


Yesterday, to my delight and surprise, when I returned home from work I finally received my CCDW permit (97 days later).So today, for the first time when I got dressed in the morning, I put on a pair of jeans, a long sleeve shirt, my Bravo Concealment holster, Glock 19 gen 5, spare mags, and shoes. Then I ran a ton of errands and here’s what I discovered. Most of which I’m sure you’ve heard before.You look at everyone a little different- No I wasn’t worried about printing as my set up ran pretty well, however I was more alert to who else could be carrying. It was kind of like looking for others in a secret club.Pants fit differently- honestly I should have expected this and in some way did. I was just hoping to make due with what I had. About halfway through the day I added a stop at target to get a few new pairs of jeans a size bigger then what I wear. I tried them on in the fitting room with my set up and instantly felt relief from what was constant but increasingly noticeable pressure around the waist all day. Likewise, my belt needed adjustment from where I normally tighten it. The two combined was a beautiful comfortable, experience.I didn’t slouch- I have the issue, of which I’m aware, that whenever I sit, be it in the car, at my desk, or dining room table, of hunching my shoulders or bending my back. The IWB at my 3 o'clock made that act uncomfortable, so I just sat up straight and wallah no uncomfortableness . Long term I’m sure this will have a net benefit on the back pains I occasionally get.Never wanting to go back- I came from a state where CCW's are next to impossible to get, New Jersey. You either have to be a cop, politician, or incredibly wealthy to do so, of which I am none. After feeling safe for the first time since I was in Iraq and I carried there everyday, I realized I could never return to such a state.I’ll update with more lessons learned as the week progresses, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on my first day experience of CC’ing via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/369lXDb

No comments:

Post a Comment