Friday, December 6, 2019

How my CCW was absolutely worthless today when I was near an active shooter...


As many of you know, there was a shooting today at NAS Pensacola where I am stationed.Coming from a very strict gun law state, one of the first things I did when I came to Pensacola was buy a gun and get my CCW.If you don't already know, service members are prohibited from bringing guns on to military bases. So, following the rules like I always do, I left my gun at home as I went to base this morning.When I arrived at the parking lot of my building(the building where the shooting was taking place) and got out of my car, I immediately saw a group of Ensigns running out of my building yelling that they heard shots.Instinct kicked in and I bolted with them to an adjacent building. To make matters worse, the building where the shooting took place is a school house for training Naval pilots and NFOs, like myself. There is a rule that no student is allowed to bring a cell phone into that building as well.So here I was, running from an active shooter with no gun and no phone (because I had to leave it in my car).It wasn't until at least 10 minutes later that I saw the first police officer roll up. A lone cop on a motorcycle and I can't help but wonder what the outcome would be if we were allowed to carry or even have our cell phones.Edit- typos via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/33W4MDF

No comments:

Post a Comment