Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Self Defense with Restricted Range of Motion from Women's Clothing

Working in a business environment as a young woman, I find myself wearing a lot of restrictive clothing - pencil skirts, sheath dresses, flats without grip or high heels, sometimes blazers, even dress pants. I have been taking a self-defense/BJJ class for a few months, but I'm realizing that most of it would be difficult in a pencil skirt or dress pants (tight & no stretch).

Any tips/ideas on how to dress effectively for self-defense? It seems like clothing that's good for self-defense (loose, provides concealment, stretchy, shoes that are stable & good grip, etc) are the opposite of professional women's clothing.

Ideally I would train how I live - in the same clothes that I'd be likely to be wearing if attacked - but I don't want to rip my nice clothes while training & have to buy more clothes... If anything gets stained or otherwise ruined then I would definitely use it for training.



Submitted November 19, 2019 at 01:13PM by Beautiful_Numbers https://ift.tt/2quNn7j

No comments:

Post a Comment