Friday, November 1, 2019

I want to run AIWB, but worried about a hernia scar and pain


As the title states, I want to carry appendix with an M&P shield, but I have concerns with pressure resting on a surgery scar pretty much on the 12:30 spot. This will also be my first CCW. I'm a smaller framed guy, (150lbs 30waist) so I figure appendix would probably be the best choice for location in regards to printing, or lack there of.Since I'm new to this, I could really use some help in regards to best style to choose from. From the options I see, I can run single clip vs dual clip, with or without a magazine sidecar, and with or without a "claw".For the option WITHOUT the sidecar, I was leaning towards the Stealthgear USA Ventcore holster. Its a single clip with claw or double clip without. It also has the advantage of the padded material that might help avoiding pressure to the scar area. If you plan to address and comment on this style, I would love to hear your opnion on single clip with claw vs double clip choice.As for the sidecar option, there are two main categories from what I see: Flexible/modular, or solid kydex one piece. I see a few that I like, and Im open to suggestions.Modular: Tier1 Axis elite/slim or Black Arch EntradaOne-piece: TRex sidecar or Amarok Wolfpack​Again, my main concern is comfort across the surgery location at 12:30. An extra mag, clip style, claw etc, all comes second as long as I can comfortably wear it without pain.Thanks everyone via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/326qIv4

No comments:

Post a Comment