Monday, April 22, 2019

You know, I've learned to like this subreddit, a lot.


At first I was a bit put off by all the somewhat over-the-top enthusiasm over posting pictures of your EDC and brand-spanking new CCW license, and was a little worried about turning such obviously green people loose on the public. I'm old, and old people often worry themselves without good reason. We've seen a lot of shit, though, and hopefully that's it instead of a "get off my lawn" grumpiness. BTW, get off my lawn, whippersnapper!Now, after reading more here (too many people's pseudonyms for them to stick in my head for long), but looking at the content, I'm seeing much better quality posts, some real insight and sometimes in areas I've never considered. I think you younger folks are making a better CCW shooter than I was. This seems to be heavily populated with young folks - good for you, you have a gun forum where you won't get shouted down by geezers my age and you can express yourself and ask questions without being ridiculed.People like you are the future and the future is always different than the past, and too many older folks can't accept that. I do. I mean, after all, one of you is likely to be picking my crematorium and choosingwhere my ashes are scattered some day, not that any of that will mean anything to me at the moment. Still, I'm increasingly happy to hand the reins over to people with new ideas and a fresh approach.And since this is a CCW forum, I carried today, Whoopdedoo! Same as it ever was. I did meet a fellow in a grocery store who was carrying openly. Not one fuck given by anyone and this is inside the city limits. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2VXZZOJ

No comments:

Post a Comment