Tuesday, April 23, 2019

On the subject of "Summer Carry"


Howdy. as it is nearly the end of april and those in the civilized world are beginning to experience warmer temperatures (sorry austrialia, you get winter)Everyone talks about or switches to the "summer gun" the small one. the teeny weenie one. because obviously you're wearing less clothing, and so you could print. They couldn't possibly conceal their massive Glock 19 in their short shorts and tank topI am of the opinion that this is dumb, even if you are a yuppie like myself and wear fitted clothes. with the exception of OWB, most things that you can carry in the winter you can carry in the summer, especially if you appendix carry.My arguments are as follows:1) You don't really change clothes that radicallyI'm guessing most of you have some form of rules, lets call it a code to keep it simple, that you have to dress 5 days out of the week for roughly 8 hours a day. This often may include pants. with the exception of a jacket, which you typically take off once indoors, your clothes aren't really changing. so carry what you were in winter. It's not magically more uncomfortable.2) Your attire is shorter in places that don't matterreally. so you're wearing a tank top and short shorts. Your gun is at your waist. With the exception of pride, when I'm speedo clad, the actual area that's concealed is no different than when I'm in jeans and a T shirt, the typical late spring/early fall/ I'm indoors weekend getup.3) Things are more fitted in summer!Uhh... then you dress like crap in the winter, sorry. My hipster ass jeans are way tighter than my shorts.Now number 3 is actually a valid point. the cut of stuff in summer frequently leaves people who don't normally do "slimmer" fit at a loss, I'd recommend shorts with strech (American Eagle is my go to) and making sure tanks and shirts have enough length so that you're not showing everyone that it is indeed a gun, regardless of if you're happy to see them. Other than that, play with appendix if you're comfortable in that space. I promise that it helps conceal a bunch.To nail these concepts home, i'll use myself as an example. I'm 6 foot tall, 220, and typically wear a mens XL, waist 38. Here's my CZ SP-01 and spare magIt prints a bit depending on my body position, but that tank is a Large. It's very tight on my tiddies, as you can see.Do I normally carry an SP-01? hell no. It's way to heavy for me. but if the weight doesn't bother you and you're comfortable concealing it there's no reason it can't be a "summer gun". A summer gun is whatever gun you can carry in the summer.Agree? disagree? lmk via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2VkpsVI

No comments:

Post a Comment