Monday, April 15, 2019

I just went to a gun store for the first time with a lot of dumb questions, and had a great experience!


Hey guys, just wanted to share my experience going to a gun store as a complete noob. I was half expecting to get laughed at due to my total lack of experience but the saleswoman was extremely helpful and kind! I told her that I had never handled a gun before (although I did watch some "what not to do at a gun store" videos just to make sure that I wasn't a complete fool) and she showed me the proper way to operate one. I requested to look at some subcompact polymer handguns for self defense, and she brought out a Sig P365, M&P Shield, Glock 48, Glock 43, and what I believe was a Springfield XD. And WOW just holding them in my hands felt so good! After so much time spent on this subreddit looking at personal protection weapons, actually having one in my hand made me immediately understand what people mean when they talk about the feeling of empowerment that comes with a weapon. I think the Springfield was a little bit too bulky, but I really enjoyed the look of it and the fact that it has a grip safety. I was surprised just how tiny the P365 was, and how big the price tag on it was! The aggressive stippling felt really nice though, but I can see how it could tear up your hands after a day on the range. I also really really liked the feel of the Glock 43, and maybe it's just my lack of experience but I didn't see what was wrong with the trigger. Although I definitely would want one with steel night sights instead of the dinky polymer ones. The M&P Shield didn't really connect with me for some reason, but the slide action felt great. A couple others that I would like to try but the gun store I went to didn't have were a VP9SK and a Walther PPQ or CCP. Next step is to go to the gun range and actually shoot with these weapons to make a final decision on what to buy! My 21st birthday is this summer, and I already have a lot to think about for what gun I want to buy once I can legally carry. Just super excited at finally going hands on, and moving forward with this important decision! Thanks to all the contributors to this sub, you have all given me a lot of great information and I hope to be among your ranks soon! via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2GoFpll

No comments:

Post a Comment