Saturday, April 20, 2019

Complete novice. Gun jammed at the range today and needed help fixing it.


So there isn’t much to it, but I had a positive experience and I just wanted to share it.Today was my 4th ever day at the range practicing at 10 yards with my G43x.I’ve picked up the stupid habit for whatever reason of cocking the gun slowly so I can see the round enter the chamber. I know it’s dumb and I should just release the slide lock and trust that the gun cocked properly, but hindsight is 20/20.At any rate, I believe the malfunction was called a double-feed. And I found myself completely clueless as to what to do. The mag release wasn’t working and the slide wasn’t able to properly reset. Pulling the slide back to eject the round wasn’t working either.I fumbled around with it for a minute and started getting nervous. I didn’t want to put my finger inside the chamber and blow my fucking finger off or have the slide release and lock my finger between the two rounds. Realizing I was clueless, I decided I’d find a range master and ask him to help me.He was able to solve the issue within a couple of seconds, and was super, super friendly about the entire thing. That made me so happy. I knew there was a possibility of dealing with a snob if I asked for help, but I was surprised at how nice the dude was.I haven’t cleaned my gun since owning it, and prior to the malfunction I’ve probably put ~200 rounds through it total. He recommended I clean it, then asked if I minded if he shot it. He gave me a couple tips about firing it and then let me do my thing. He also showed me how to clear it in case I experienced another malfunction in the future.TL;DR: being the noob that I am, I induced a double-feed and jammed my gun at the range. Got worried I’d have an ND trying to unjam it, I sucked it up and asked for help. Range master helped me out, was super friendly about it, and made me less nervous about asking for help from the more experienced dudes. via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2Vdid1F

No comments:

Post a Comment