Sunday, April 14, 2019

Best Complementary art to Judo in the context of Self-defense

Just looking to see what your opinions are on complementary martial arts to Judo for self defense. From what I have been reading, these are some of the combinations that I am looking into, but other arts are also welcome I am very open to new ideas and opinions.

Judo / Muay Thai - Adds a striking element to grappling. Also the clinches in Muay puts you at a favorable range for a Judo throw.

Judo / Boxing - Teaches you to dodge and be quick on your feet and get into throwing range, not to mention improving hand speed and striking ability.

Judo / BJJ - Strong standup grappling game + Strong ground game (both Judo and BJJ ground waza)

Judo / Classical Ju Jutsu - Just thought that since in terms of holds and submissions Ju Jutsu takes into account weaponry and multiple attackers so favors an upright stance much like Judo. Just thought this would complement very nicely in specific regards to self-defense.

Judo / Krav Maga - Straight up street lethal, well at least thats what Krav Maga's about right? Not to mention Judo throws on concrete, yikes.

Please tell me what you think the best combinations are, and if you have combinations that's not on this list please do share, and if there's any weaknesses to any of the above combos please let me know, I'd love to learn from your perspectives.

*I am asking because I would like to add a secondary martial art to Judo and I am primarily interested in a self-defense context. So I'd really appreciate your help here fellow Judokas :D

Thanks.



Submitted April 14, 2019 at 03:33PM by borkpork http://bit.ly/2v6WTfQ

No comments:

Post a Comment