Thursday, February 7, 2019

New Hampshire Nonresident CCW Permit (Process, Pics, Reciprocity, & Turn around time)


When I first looked into getting a conceal carry permit for my state, I quickly realized the process and paperwork is expensive, and it can potentially take one year just to get your permit in your hands. (My home state is Louisiana)I started doing more research on state reciprocity, to see what nonresident permits Louisiana would honor. Luckily, Louisiana has FULL reciprocity with most states wether it’s a resident or nonresident permit. So I thought I’d make this post to inform others that don’t already know.Virginia & Arizona has some pretty lax requirements on a nonresident conceal carry permit, amongst a couple other states.However, New Hampshire was the one that caught my eye. the requirements are WAY more lax, and their nonresident CCW permit is honored by 24 other states. (Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wyoming)In 2016 the New Hampshire Supreme Court ruled that you don’t have to have a CCW permit in your current state of residence to be eligible for a nonresident New Hampshire CCW permit. You don’t even have to submit an ID picture, fingerprints, or proof of class completion. I thought it was too simple to be real at first Lol. But nah, you literally just print the paper, fill it out thoroughly , and mail it with a personal check. That’s it.Turn around time:01/27/2019 (Sunday) - filled out the paper and got my buddy to write a personal check for the treasurer since I don’t have anymore checks. Lol01/28/2019 (Monday) - I put the envelope in the mailbox with the check and completed application inside. The mailman picked it up later that day.02/05/2019 (Tuesday) - Check was cashed. Nothing came in the mail yet.02/07/2019 (Thursday) - CCW came in the mail today.So all in all, from the moment I put the application in the mailbox, It took 1.5 weeks for me to get my nonresident CCW permit in my hands. My CCW via /r/CCW http://bit.ly/2TBwl0L

No comments:

Post a Comment