Monday, December 4, 2017

Heading to the gun store


Planning a trip to the local gun store to start looking for my first pistol for CCW. I was planning to purchase a Ruger LCP. My reasoning is I would rather have no reason to not have the gun with me whereas I have known more than one person who bought too big or too heavy of a gun and no longer carries.Many years ago, I was at the range with several officers who brought between them every living handgun known to man it seemed like. My favorite was a Sig P228 (or maybe 6). It just fit in my hand like it was born there and I could not miss with it. Next favorite was a S&W revolver in either 9mm or .40 cal. Didn't feel as good as the Sig but not bad. I didn't care for the feel of the Glock I shot.So hopefully that tells you something. I want to have a list of guns I want to examine and see how they feel in the hand. I will narrow down from there, go back in a week or two and recheck the ones I liked. Will check about rentals too.My list right now:Sig P938 Glock 43 Ruger LCP and LCP 2 Maybe something from KahrWhat else should I add to this list. I think I would consider 380s or single stack 9mm. I would rather carry an extra mag that I could distribute than a heavy gun. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2A30yAb

No comments:

Post a Comment