Friday, October 6, 2017

Indiana local fee payment question


I got my fingerprints completed earlier today. The person that ran my prints said they would be processed instantly. Knowing this info, I went to my local police department to try to complete that part of the process.Once I arrived, I completed a background check form. I gave this back to the person in the records department. She tells me to check back on Tuesday to see if the county has processed the form. I then ask if I need to pay my local fees today. She tells me no.Two questions:1) If the local pd still has to run the background check through the county, why don't you just go to the sheriff's office at this stage?2) I was confused by the fact that she didn't want me to pay. I was under the impression that the local fees were paying for the background check and the processing of the application? Is this normal procedure or is this something that would be agency dependant? via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2xY7Vac

No comments:

Post a Comment