Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Help me help my wife carry?


Throw away account to protect personal details.I have been an avid gun enthusiast for a while. I have done a lot of research on my ccw setup, finding the right guns for me and getting to the point where I am able to carry comfortably.My wife, while a strong supporter of the 2nd amendment has never wanted to carry a gun.Well very recently she has felt like she was being followed, and with a very young child in her care for most of the day while I work, it made her uncomfortable, and aware of how vulnerable she would be to attack.I relayed to her the basics of being aware of her surroundings, and getting out of situations the moment it doesn't feel right, but now she wants to carry a gun, which is great! Unfortunately I don't know the first thing about female needs when it comes to conceal carry so I don't know how to help her in a way that is going to be the most effective for an under 5'5 under 120lb woman who is almost constantly carrying a baby.Also since it takes a few months for the permits to get back to you after applying she is relegated to open carry for a bit.So my questions are (directed mostly towards women with ccw experience)1.) What guns do smaller women generally feel comfortable carrying? Revolvers vs semi?2.) Is purse carry better or on the body carry, or is there a good product that allows you to switch back and forth?3.) Is there anything I can do for her to help her feel more comfortable carrying a gun?Any other tips from people who are familiar with female ccw that will help me help her make the right choices here? I'm just a dumb man with no idea what to do :( via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2gjexFM

No comments:

Post a Comment