Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Anyone ever had their application turned down due to bad fingerprints?


It may sound odd, but I'm in FL and went to the tax collector to file out the paperwork needed for my carry permit, which includes having fingerprints taken. All of my prints ended up fine, but what I found out today, is apparently my left pinky finger has next to no fingerprint. The only thing I can think of is when I used to work with some chemicals doing photography work, and I know it damaged the skin on this particular finger, but other than that, I have no idea why the print wouldn't be there.Anyhow, the guy who ran the paperwork said there is a very good chance I will get rejected and have to attempt the fingerprint process again. However, I was speaking to some people and they said that that is absurd if I were to get rejected for the print of one finger when there are people out there who are licensed to carry, yet they're missing entire fingers themselves.My question is, especially if you have experience in FL, is it common to get rejected due to one bad print? I mean we tried getting the print off the finger numerous times, but it ends up just looking like black specs with no discernible lines and patterns like my other fingers had. I was told that if I was rejected, I'd have to try the fingerprint process again, if that gets rejected once more, then they'd have to contact the FBI to do the background check which is a last resort. I don't even know why they'd need prints if all they're trying to do is run a bg check. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kZpZvl

No comments:

Post a Comment