Thursday, June 8, 2017

First time drawing my gun other than training. (How did I do?)


Have a relative of my wife staying with us for a few months to get away from an abusive family (sexual and otherwise). She is from out of state and is "reconnecting" with my wife's side of the family to the point of staying with some of them for a month or so.The people the house guest is staying with for the next month apparently have a history of drug use and several convictions. She gave them our address and had them come here to pick her up. My wife has been expressing some serious concerns about them knowing where we live for days.I am recovering on the couch after a moderate back injury and am still carrying from my day at work. Suddenly I hear the most terrifying scream I have ever heard from my wife. She is yelling for me to come and would never react this way for any local indigenous toothy critter. I pile off the couch drawing and sprinting towards the front door only to see my wife leaning against the frame. She sees me and says "there's a frog on the porch".0-100 in a second, an actually hurt back, and a gloating wife later I am back on the couch with some ice and a bottle of ibuprofen. Positive note, my finger never touched the trigger, I never flagged my wife (low ready), and my reaction time and draw under real stress was fast smooth and I had a proper grip on my pistol.TLDR: my wife screamed a horrible scream and called me. I reacted by sprinting through the house drawing my firearm and hurting my back only to have her tell me a frog on the porch scared her. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2skK0ic

No comments:

Post a Comment