Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Anyone else find themselves preferring a shoulder rig over AIWB or IWB?


I'm a pretty small framed guy. Only 5'5" around 160 lbs. Because of my body type and semi tight fitting clothes, it's just incredibly hard for me to conceal anything IWB. Even my sig p938 tucked so deep the grip is up against my belt tends to print more than I'd like.A few weeks ago I decided to pick up a classic lite shoulder rig from Galco for my Shield/G43. I was skeptical at first...but with a t shirt and an open button up (even tight fitting ones) its prints waaaay less than IWB for me. Also, it is so damn comfortable compared to trying to shove my pistol down my already tight pants. I love it.I realize tactically it leaves a bit to be desired as far as draw speed goes. However, now I'm actually carrying my gun every single day because I'm comfortable...and I think having my weapon on me every day in the first place is worth sacrificing a little speed.Anyone know of any good quality leather shoulder holsters? Looking to drop some money on a better one simply because I hate the smell of the suede that the classic lite is made from.here's a couple of pictures via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2nSHAlQ

No comments:

Post a Comment