Friday, February 10, 2017

Looking for advice on my next carry setup.


Hey everyone. New CCW'r here and I need a little help. With summer approaching im looking for something for t-shirt and shorts weather. Although im a bigger guy i dont think i can conceal my 6" long slide 1911 in a light t-shirt and shorts. Jeans and button downs isnt an issue but ive tried it in summer gear and... oh no... not a thing.I was looking into a sub compact. Something much lighter, better profile, something lighter, something with less weight, and also...... something thats not so heavy. But really... i need something more practical for concealing. I love my 1911 and its going to be my main carry gun when the cold weather hits.Im looking at the Shield in 9mm. In the gestapo state of NY theres no such thing as double stack or more than 10 rnd capacity so just keep that in mind. I also held a Glock 19 and goo it was just so nice in my hand. I've considered the M&P 9c as well but as of right now those are my choices. The wather and sig comparable to the others just didnt feel right to me and the ruger was too small.Is the Glock hard to conceal? I wear IWB at 3-330. I will be thinking of a holster next but im looking at the sealth gear vent core for summer wear. I've shot both and can say that i feel 100% confidence in my ability with both equally. Not one was easier to me than the other. Sights both sucked to me and i will be getting night sights on either. The only thing that I may do (im not doing this right away) is a new trigger on the shield because it is a tad different to my liking. I shot one of guns that the shop owner has personally and he has an apex trigger on it that made me feel like it was shooting my 1911.Size for carrying is my biggest fear. The glock is 3 oz heavier. Thats not enough to discourage me its the width of the grips that make me wonder. Which gun will make me want to carry everyday rather than wonder; will i print? Will this be noticeable? Im going to be hot i dont want that to make me more miserable. Etc... via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kbdV9h

No comments:

Post a Comment