Thursday, February 9, 2017

LEO encounter of a good kind


So I'm kind of bad with carrying. I carry less than I should, but I'm getting back into the habit of carrying regularly. Recently I've been having trouble with someone opening my mail in my mailbox. I'm installing a secure mailbox tomorrow so that is being taken care of, but I called my local post office and they told me to file a police report. I call the police and they send an officer out to my home. Ohio is a state that you have to report that you're carrying, but since I'm filing a report I know he will run me through the system so I report to the officer that I have a CCW, but am not carrying. The first thing out of his mouth was "Why not? You filled the paperwork out and paid the money you need to carry it!" I just looked down embarrassed and he told me that the next time he sees me he hopes I'm carrying. Kind of odd, but I was shocked to get such a response from an officer. He was great though. I've seen him drive by a few times through the neighborhood and even waved me down while I was walking my dog to tell me that they've stepped up their patrols as a few other people have filed complaints as well. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2kZL4E2

No comments:

Post a Comment