Friday, February 10, 2017

Had my first situation tonight


I have been carrying for only a short time, less than a month. But tonight something happened that made me wonder what you all would have done. I stopped at a convenience store after dark to pick up a six pack on the way home from work. Upon going inside, I noticed a not-unsketchy looking guy hanging around by the door. Nothing was said, I proceeded inside and made my purchase. As I was coming out the door, it started. You know, the usual "you got any change" kinda stuff. I gave a polite no and walked toward my truck, parked about 30 yards away, in the area away from the lights of the store. (It was the only space available when I pulled in) The no didn't work and the guy kept following me, all the while with his hand in his jacket pocket. After three or four more refusals and my asking him to leave me alone, I arrived at the door of my truck with this guy about 10-12 feet away, still with his hand rummaging around in his jacket pocket. Feeling more than a little threatened, and with him still approaching me while talking, I reached to my four o'clock and placed my hand securely on my Glock. I very firmly informed him that if he kept approaching me I would defend myself. Guy backed off and presumably resumed loitering around the front of the store. Would anybody have handled it differently? I didn't expect to have that happen, it kinda came out of nowhere. via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2ltPcxx

No comments:

Post a Comment