Monday, February 13, 2017

2 Scenarios - 'Would you carry?' & 'Would you draw?'


1) I'm a college student, frequenting bars with my friends on the weekends, often offering to DD. On evenings where I offer to DD, I still usually leave my gun locked up at home, and definitely leave it at home if I'm going to drink at all. In general, do you / would you carry as the DD?2) This one is a little more specific, as it's based on a situation that almost occurred a couple nights ago. I was sick the night of the near-situation, so I did not go out with my friends, but they almost got into a fight with a couple guys at a bar. These other guys (bigger than my friends, probably athletes) were invading the personal space of a female member of our group, and when my friends tried to intervene (at her request) the offenders became very hostile; shoving, shouting, wanting to fight. My friends were quite scared, as they knew that was not a fight they could have won had these guys initiated. Now, had I been there (unarmed) I would have assisted in intervening with these hooligans, defending my lady friend's honor. Maybe more numbers on our side would have been the motivation they needed to simply drop it. But if I had been there with my gun, I'd obviously have to completely avoid the confrontation altogether, as I would be part of the escalation if involved in any way. Fortunately, the bar staff noticed the situation arising and kicked the harassers out. My friends were concerned that the harassers could have waited for them to leave, and then started things back up. They do not know I carry, and obviously would have wondered where I was, especially if they found themselves badly losing a fight, on the ground bruised and bleeding. Had it gotten that far, with no sign of the harassers letting up, is that enough to present? At what stage of the confrontation would you draw, if ever?For the curious, 6'2" 180 lbs, Shield 40 in AlienGear Cloak Tuck 3.0 @ 4 o'clock, extra magazine in left front pocket via /r/CCW http://ift.tt/2lHkPAx

No comments:

Post a Comment