Saturday, June 19, 2021

Weapon Lights on Firearms


I wanted to throw a question out there regarding how everybody feels about weapon lights on firearms. Let me state the obvious first, they are CLEARLY beneficial. Being able to positively identify the threat before making the decision to fire is more important than anything. They also allow for you to maintain a great firing grip while being able to do so.Recently I read a response from a shooter I respect a lot as to why he does not carry with a weapon light and it made me think.In short, he stated that he carries a capable EDC flashlight everywhere he goes and he does not believe in just pointing his firearm in the direction of just anything. That’s how you get an aggravated assault charge as well as wind up in some other unnecessary trouble. Instead he prefers having a way to legally identify his threat with his off hand while being prepared to draw if necessary.And I agree. I will still have my G19.5 with a TLR-7A on it that I carry from time to time, but I won’t be purchasing another weapon light or holster fitted for one.Thoughts? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3zGp7xI

No comments:

Post a Comment