Friday, June 4, 2021

To light bear or not to light bear?


To preface this I’d like to say that regardless of whether I end up CCWing with a WML or not, I will include a handheld light in my everyday rotation. I’m in the process of getting together my CCW set up and I can’t decide whether to carry with a WML or not. I’ll be carrying a shield plus 4” barrel in a phlster enigma. If I go no WML, I’m just gonna get the non light bearing enigma and a JMCK enigma shell for it and run a thyrm switchback on the handheld so it can be better used as a WML as well. If I decide to go WML, I’ll run a TLR7 sub on a recover tactical pic rail, have a holster custom made for this set up, and then mount said holster to a lightbearing enigma. Some considerations. No WML means a lighter, more streamlined gun, and I don’t have to go to the trouble of getting a holster custom made for my unique set up. Additionally, some, notably Matt at Primary and Secondary, have argued that a weapon light as weak as a TLR7sub and similar isn’t effective, that to get satisfactory weapon light performance you need to step up to a TLR1, X300, or similar. With all of this in mind should I go to the trouble of adding a TLR7sub to my setup or just use a switchback equipped handheld? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3yZSwmh

No comments:

Post a Comment