Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Full-size Concealed carry recommendations


Hi all,or reference I'm 6'4" 180lbs and my hands are long and lean. I recently tried out a Ruger security-9. I liked the width of the double stack mag just fine (though a little bit wider would have been ideal), I felt like the handle was too short for my fingers to wrap around the gun comfortably. Like most compacts, it just felt a little cramped and the barrel length felt a bit short to hold my finger out along the slide (roughly a 6-6.5 inch slide).I'm not necessarily opposed to compacts, but I have yet to find one that fits super comfortably in my long hand. I tend to find full sized handguns comfortable for the most part, but those obviously have the drawback of being harder to conceal. I was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions on larger concealed carry pistols and your preferred way to conceal a larger pistol.For reference, I tend not to like the textured sandpaper like grip of something like a s&w shield (though I understand the advantage). I like my pistols on the heavier side, and ideally I'd like to spend under 1k. Ideally 9mm so that I only have to worry about buying one type of ammo for my wife's and my pistol.I still have to schedule my appointment and get my application in, so I have a pretty significant amount of time. Just wanted to do some homework and see what you guys suggested. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3c8wHav

No comments:

Post a Comment