Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Concealed carry for females


FYI: This is a slight modification of a post I made in r/Firearms. I am posting it here because it is more relevant to CCW than firearms in general.I cannot understand why so many women in my life, especially self-proclaimed feminists, are anti-gun and look down on me if when they find out I carry.Being a gun owner puts people on a more equal playing field regardless of a person's size or strength. It doesn't matter if a 6'5" 250 lb man is attacking a 5'2" 120 lb woman if she has a Glock pointed at him.Given that the average man is bigger and stronger than the average women, and that men are more likely to attack women, it just makes sense to support firearms rights so that women are able to defend themselves as physical equals. I think men would be a lot less likely to harass and hurt women if they knew they weren't always the "alpha" in a violent confrontation.I know gender is a touch subject and I don't mean to trigger anyone by this. I just wanted to provide my opinion as a female gun owner living in a mostly blue Midwest state. I am basing much of this post post on my own experience with martial arts.I have done BJJ for almost 3 years now, but many strong male white belts can eventually pass my guard with very little training. While I believe I can defend myself against 99% of women and most average men, there is still a pretty large disparity in physical ability in my grappling experience.I thought BJJ would make me a badass ninja able to take men twice my size, but in reality I just learned the importance of being prepared and having situational awareness. If anything, BJJ has taught me there is no substitute for a firearm if I ever have to defend myself against an attacker.TLDR: Feminists should support gun rights. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3j3wRUQ

No comments:

Post a Comment