Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Check your gear! AKA how I almost had an ND.


Long story short, check your gear. Check your weapon. Check your holster. Keep your skills sharp.Little back story set up. I carry daily a Glock 43x in a black arch Protos M at about 4 o’clock. I love the pistol and the holster and have been carrying with that set up for a little over a year. Only problem I ever had was that the clip screws would back out over time but I would always notice as the clips would clearly rotate and I would tighten them up and tell myself I will loctite the screws later.So yesterday at work I went to take my morning bathroom break. When I was finished I stood up and went to pull up my pants. While pulling them up my right hand slipped off in my jeans. My hand caught the girp of my Glock and it immediately pulled free from retention and I felt my index finger lightly tap the side of the trigger. This all happened in a fraction of a second and I nearly shit myself. Had I pulled the trigger I would have shot myself and most likely lost my job.When I got home I took a look at my holster as I keep my retention fairly tight and that should not have happened (the pistol came out with 0 resistance). The retention screw near the trigger guard was extremely loose and too screw that holds the shell to the backing was missing al together. I immediately took out all the screws and loctited them to avoid this in the future. I am normally very fastidious with my firearms and my gear but this time I wasn’t and a little complacency almost cost me more than I care to imagine.Learn from my mistake. Check your gear. Don’t put off fixing known issues. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2TVFCWq

No comments:

Post a Comment