Sunday, June 13, 2021

Are they trying to delay me forever?


I had 3 felonies in my life. All drugs. No violence. No weapons. All the lowest level felonies one can get.I waited 7 years from the completion of my last sentence and paid up for an expungement. It wasn’t cheap.I go to buy a Sub compact Springfield .40 at a gun show and am DENIED. Expected that. I challenge to denial, get fingerprints to get FBI record. FBI isn’t changing anything on the record and the whole fingerprint process is simply to see why I was denied. Record in hand I contacted the State Police and asked them to update the FBI record to reflect my expungement. Which is the ONLY way its getting updated. They did. FBI sent me the newly updated record.State police failed to update a misdemeanor that was also expunged. Its a misdemeanor however and not a Dom. Viol. And shouldn’t prevent my gun buy. There is also still a charge on there for a felony. It wasn’t expunged because it didn’t happen. It also just says “charge” and doesn’t have a disposition like the others did before they were removed. Its demonstrably false. All these years later I can still prove I wasn’t even in that county on that day.So while my record wasn’t fully updated and contains an erroneous entry, neither should prevent my gun buy.I try to buy again. This time there as been a gun rush and shelves are bare. I went to chain where I could layaway the gun while I wait on processes. If you do a lengthy process and they sell your gun to someone else you have to start all over again. The downside is they won’t transfer after 3 days of delay. I picked a Ruger EC9 (would have rather had LC but beggers/choosers). Of course I get delayed. That’s better than denied!Going on two weeks now and still delayed. I submitted a challenge on the delay and they (FBI) responded really fast with a 3 paragraph letter that basically said… wait longer.After my expungement I watched the court system (mycase.in.gov) as the felonies disappeared. I allowed time for them to process through before I started all of this. After they were gone I applied for a CCW. My local police had no issue and submitted it to state police really fast. It has been pending approval for nearly two months.Is this an issue where instead of denying me they are delaying me indefinitely?I sent an email to the state police telling them they didn’t fully update the FBI. I provided relevant court orders and everything. No response. So I sent another email asking if they got my first email, no response.I could go to a typical gun store and have the gun transferred after 3 days of delay. If they delay result is denied they WILL send the ATF to my house to recover the gun. Even though I know I am legal I am not convinced that won’t happen so I am not going to take that road, at least not on my first buy.Anyone else been down this road? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2Spu2me

No comments:

Post a Comment