Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Was followed on my walk in to work


Nothing too exciting. Noticed a guy across the street right after I left my apartment and he walked behind me for about 5 blocks before I went off course to see if he continued to follow me. He did and I confronted him and told him to stop. I had another 6 blocks to go and increasingly became more and more nervous about my safety. He had a brown paper bag in his left hand and his right hand was in his hoodie pocket, but I don't believe he had a weapon on him. He seemed high and thought I was someone who stole money and hit him in the past. I eventually made it a block away from work before he swung at me and missed. I ran down the street and found a security guard and told him what happened.A couple things.Fight or flight is real and it's important to weigh your options. I was thinking about this for about 4 blocks before I ran.I did not have my pistol on me, but did have my spray in my pocket with my hand on it and ready to engage. I really don't know if being armed would have made a difference in this situation. While it was scary, this guy was not a serious threat and I safely made it to work. Regardless, I will probably be carrying on my way to work now.Stay safe out there and remember to be smart via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3cTQ3Rx

No comments:

Post a Comment