Friday, November 27, 2020

Teaching instinct and situational awareness?


So I have recently started the process of acquiring my CCW permit and my wife has decided that she needs one too. Thing is, I don’t know if I’d trust her to carry. Not that she’s irresponsible, but I don’t know if she has the insight to interpret a situation then determine the right course of action and respond appropriately. She’s also quite clueless about her surroundings most of the time. I’ve been trying to get her to pay closer attention and to be more aware for the last 20 years, but she just doesn’t seem to get it. I’d like her to be able to protect herself and my daughter when I’m not around, but I don’t want her to escalate a situation beyond her control.She has her own handgun and has been to the range enough to be comfortable with it. She’s also spent some time with all my guns at the range, so she’s somewhat proficient with everything that we own. I’m just not sure I trust her judgment at times.Anybody have any thoughts, tips, or advice?Thanks. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2JhjJvp

No comments:

Post a Comment