Thursday, November 26, 2020

How can I defend my dogs from dog attacks?

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this sub. I have two dogs (sometimes three if my sister has to work), a cocker spaniel and one (or two) papillons.

Papillons are tiny. My dog is 28cm "tall". And there is a German wirehaired pointer that is dead set on killing my small dog.

Don't get me wrong, I really used to like that pointer. He's a friendly guy to humans. But he has attacked my tiny dog twice now, and the last time my dog was only saved by the cocker spaniel getting between them and taking the bites. He got a disc prolapse in the process and the owners of the pointer ignored my calls and didn't pay shit for the vet bills.

This is a very small village, so suing them would pretty much make us the most hated people here, and our vet doesn't charge enough to justify a lawsuit. Also the cocker spaniel technically belongs to my parents, so it unfortunately isn't my call (I personally would like to rain hellfire on them because I'm mad af).

However, two days ago the freaking pointer tried to attack again, this time there was a fence between us but still. It was very obvious he was out for blood and his owner couldn't call him back (and took his sweet ass time with grabbing him, as he has done the two times before).

Let me be absolutely clear, I am not a violent person. But if that dog attacks again, I am ready to kill that thing if I have to, because it's a big freaking dog and if it gets it's jaws around one of the papillons, they're pretty much dead. I'd rather avoid it, but if I have to, I will.

I am planning on getting one of these short range tazers (one of the ones you have to touch to get a shock). It has to be something small and easy to carry, easy to use. Guns are prohibited, so are long range tazers and brass knuckles.

I need some tips on how to fight a large dog, and how to effectively keep it away from my dogs for about ten minutes - at that point I hope the owners would make the bare minimum effort to get the thing away from me.

Do any of you have recommendations on weapons to use against dogs? I know I need to protect my throat, but how can I hold that dog off? Any advice is appreciated.



Submitted November 26, 2020 at 02:32AM by CoffeeBeanx3 https://ift.tt/3677meo

No comments:

Post a Comment