Friday, November 27, 2020

If you could only own one handgun, what would it be?


I'm looking forward to buying a handgun once I receive my carry permit--I've taken the class twice now in the past 10 years, but only now bothered to submit an application, since I didn't own/didn't feel I could afford or safely store a handgun the first time. I've bought (with a permit to purchase), owned, and sold a 1911, which I loved, but obviously it wasn't a good CCW. I've shot a good number/variety of handguns (courtesy of friends and rentals) and the only thing I've found I'm picky about is having a decently short, crisp trigger pull. Priorities for my next purchase are absolute reliability, weather resistance, and relatively light weight, since I spend a good amount of time fishing, camping, and generally bumming around the woods alone or with my dogs.I guess my question is this: what's the smallest gun you enjoy shooting at the range/would use for nightstand (or sleeping bag-side) duty, or from a different perspective, what's the largest gun you'd feel comfortable concealing with light summer clothing? I have a feeling the consensus will be a Glock 19 (or 48?), which is the way I'm leaning, but it's always interesting to hear other opinions/experiences! I definitely shoot autos better than revolvers, and can't stand double action trigger pulls.Thanks in advance for any and all opinions! via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3lflW7R

No comments:

Post a Comment