Monday, November 30, 2020

Home defense and self defense

So, my husband and I would own a gun except that we are both mentally ill. I don't think I can be sold a gun, my husband probably could but we both get suicidal sometimes so we have decided never to own one. What are other options for self defense in a purse, and for the home?

My husband has some bat by Cold Steel that is good for self defense, and we have a baton, but I don't know if I'm strong enough to effectively use blunt weapons. I realized it's ridiculous for me not to own my own self defense items, so I ordered a keychain pepper spray, a small stun gun for my purse and a larger one with anti-grab bars for the home. I also found a stun gun with a wrist strap that deactivates the device if it's removed, so the device can't be taken from you and used on you. However I don't know if this device is as strong as the other small one I ordered since the power is not measured the same way and some reviewers said it is not very painful, but it is like the only small purse-sized one on Amazon that has the deactivating wrist strap. I didn't order it though. Are stun guns stupid to own?

Maybe this is weird, but I also ordered a small wakizashi sword for home defense that I want to learn how to use. Now I know one could commit suicide with a sword, so maybe you're wondering why I bought it after my earlier expressed concerns about a gun, but I don't have the same fear of a sword with that issue compared to a gun for personal reasons I won't go into. Small one handed swords for home defense, yea or nay?



Submitted November 30, 2020 at 08:56PM by SincerelySasquatch https://ift.tt/2KUi2F8

No comments:

Post a Comment