Saturday, November 28, 2020

TIFU by shooting without ear protection and for a couple hours everyone sounded like John Lennon.


I got to my outdoor range which is about an hour from where I live, and upon rolling up I noticed I forgot my ear protection at home. I stupidly decided all I needed to do was cut up a mask and make little ear plugs out of it. What was the result of this after only 10 rounds?I immediately experienced what is known as diplacusis. Everything sounded slightly de-tuned and layered. It’s hard to explain, but the closest thing I can think of is John Lennon’s voice circa Magical Mystery Tour. Music was terrifying, voices were terrifying.Fortunately it went away but I definitely learned my lesson. Never again. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/2VqLfJX

No comments:

Post a Comment