Friday, November 6, 2020

Reminder to train...


One night last week at about 1:30am the hook on the full length mirror in our hallway decided to give up after my 11 month old tried to pull it off the wall earlier in the day. I swear to God my feet did not hit the ground from my bed to the door on the opposite side of the bedroom. My wife wound up screaming at the top of her lungs as did I after throwing the bedroom door wide open ready to tackle and beat the shit out of whomever either broke into (or worse) into our home. I'm not happy that my wife or I made that much noise but I am glad that my wife (more of a passifist than myself, like a vegan that loves bacon) but I'm glad that at the very least she remained in bed and not in my way or drawing attention to our child's location. What I am not pleased with is My reaction.I passed up a number of weapons knifes, firearms, etcetera from my bed to the door. Don't get me wrong I'm a big guy and with that much adrenaline pumping through my veins I'm sure I could do some damage but it's still a reminder that no matter how much staging equipment gear and ammo you have. Nothing compares to training and muscle memory. I know it's not entirely CCW advice but in the spirit of why we carry, training is important. We all need reminders and that f**king mirror is mine. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3p1mfGJ

No comments:

Post a Comment