Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Adjusting Fobus RU1 paddle holster.


For years i have carried a 38 pocket pistol. With the issues, I have started carrying my 92FS in the car, and I have a nice holster for it.However, that means my new bedside pistol is now my old Ruger P89. Gun accessory shopping in 2020 is iffy. I found a Fobus RU1 paddle holster, in case I need to carry it for some reason other than in my hand. However, it was way too tight, and this model is the one without the adjustment screw.Based on youtube, I hit it with a hairdryer on high for one minute with the tang of a small metal file jammed into the crack, and let it cool for 5.That did not do it, so I repeated the cycle, with a medium metal file tang inserted. Success. It still retains the pistol but allows me to draw. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/32aypD6

No comments:

Post a Comment