Monday, October 5, 2020

Reality check / keeping a level head [LONG]


I was driving home late one night, maybe around 10:00 PM. I turn and approach my house, and a man exits the house across from me (the house has had different renters for the last 20 years, so I don't ever get to know or remember who's in it every year).The man looks at me and starts walking in the middle of the street, which I found odd, so I swerve to go around and pass him in order to back my car into my parking space. I pass him, and as I slow down to reverse, he opens his arms wide in a very upset, "What the hell?" kind of pose in my rear view mirror. His cell phone is in his hand, lit up.He starts approaching he car, and I luckily had the forethought to NOT change my car's gear, for two reasons: 1: Needed it in Drive, just in case...2: Putting it in park would have unlocked my doors (stupid manufacturer's function, I hate it).I had the window slightly lowered (less than a half an inch) and as I tried to ask him "Uh, can I help you?" he reaches for the door handle and tries to open it. It wasn't a very aggressive attempt. I repeat myself, "What do you need?" At this point I know one of his hands has his cell phone in it, and the other hand is on my door handle. I was nervous, but as long as he didn't have a free hand, there wasn't anything he could do that wouldn't result in me being able to draw.Now I had my hand on my g19, strong side, which was in line of sight to this guy, but it was dark, and I have tinted windows, and I'm assuming he never saw my hand on my grip.He boldly asks "Aren't you my Uber?"Then everything clicks.Told him, "Nope. I'm no Uber driver". He apologized, and went back to the house to wait outside. I was kind of shook up and decided to go to the park near my house and contemplate what had just happened, and how it could have turned out much worse. via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/3jArPwi

No comments:

Post a Comment