Wednesday, October 28, 2020

outdoors clothing/ccw


Hey Everyone,Looking for a little bit of advice on brands. So I just recently got a new position that is mostly an office job, without a uniform. I bounce between traveling to meet clients( within 3 different states) and doing paperwork.I'm looking to decide what kind of brands I should look at that would fit my lifestyle. Sometimes I go right from work to camping, so something that can be business-causal as well as able to withstand some ruggedness for outdoors is preferable.I'm torn essentially between three different brands, and have experience with only footwear on one. I will post below what I'm thinking, with links as applicable:​Columbia: it doesn't get terribly cold here (today is about 50 degrees), so I don't need huge jackets most of the time. possibly the "softshell", maybe some bigger(warmer) types. I'm looking at their jackets, as I do not like their pants at all.So something like this for the "cold", but I'm not a fan of the two-tone: https://www.columbia.com/p/mens-ascender-softshell-jacket-1556531.html?dwvar_1556531_color=009&pos=0​5.11: They seem to be typical "Veteran" gear, people trying to be "Operator" which isn't what I want. I just want durability and functionality. I don't like the price tag affiliated with them, as I feel most things are abit high for what I want to pay, but if the product is good, then it's worth the price.I'm most interested in the Stryke pants, but the $75 price tag is iffy for me. I do like the cargo hip pocket, as thats what I'm used to, so something like that is what I'm looking at. Also looking at the Sierra Softshell, but don't need the velcro area on the side (who really wears patches that isn't military?):https://ift.tt/37QB3l1 the Aurora:​https://www.511tactical.com/aurora-shell-jacket.html​Magellan:I have a pair of their hiking boots, which I thoroughly enjoy over the last few years.As far as clothing, I have no clue, but I'm looking for something that has the cargo pockets, is still business-casual but wont get torn up if I go out alot to the woods for hikes or camping right from work.Also things that accommodate a CCW are great, but not necessary.​Any thoughts on the button ups from any of the three? via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/37O94CE

No comments:

Post a Comment