Thursday, October 29, 2020

I could really use some help.


I wouldn't say I'm a new gun owner, but I'm fairly new to carrying a handgun. I turned 21 a few months ago and picked up an M&P Shield 45, got a nice kydex holster, a good quality belt and got in a little bit of range time here and there. I can shoot great. I've been shooting since I was old enough to hold a gun. My first gun was a 22 revolver. My problem I'm currently having is actually a big one. It's gun safety. I muzzle sweep my roommate every now and then not paying attention. It's usually when I'm picking up my gun to move it somewhere, when I'm cleaning it, holstering/unholstering it, or unloading it. I'm well aware it's an issue, and I hate that it happens but I'm not sure how to fix the problem. Obviously the fix is to stop doing it, but the problem is I'm doing it without even noticing it. I can't afford to take a training class as of right now, mostly due to ammo costs (class requires me to bring 150 rounds, and costs 400$), but I want to fix the problem. I never muzzle sweep at the range or if I'm actually shooting the gun. The gun stays pointed down range the entire time. It's only when I'm not shooting that it happens. I'm actually very knowledgeable on gun safety and concealed carry safety, my only issue is muzzle sweeping. The gun is always unloaded when it happens (I know. All guns are actually loaded, whether you think they aren't or not) so I think my subconscious says "it's unloaded, no big deal" but I know its a big deal. Any advice would be great. Also this is a burner account because Im sure this is going to get downvoted into oblivion. I'm just looking for real help. I get my ccw very soon and dont wanna be the idiot that accidentally shot sombody because the gun was "unloaded". via /r/CCW https://ift.tt/31XBR45

No comments:

Post a Comment